Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute

Seems everywhere I hike there seems to be more and more garbage left behind by thoughtless and unthinking people.

And, I think one of the very important messages we, as naturists, should be emphasizing on the public is just how important we believe in preserving our environment and keeping it clean.

You rarely see the run-of-the-mill textile hiker, or soaker, or beach user toting out a garbage bag full of . . . well, garbage, you you see naturists and nudism doing it all the time. That is a very positive image to impress upon the powers-that-be.


This week has been another one of those dash in and get a quick hike weeks for me. I've made Scenic Hot Springs twice, Heybrook Lookout and an eight hour hike along the Quartz Trail as far as Cadet. I've also discovered an unmarked logging road going almost to the top of Windy Mountain . . . that guardian that overlooks the west side of Stevens Pass and Highway 2. As soon as I can get permission from the property owners I would like to seek out Windy Peak and Lake Embro at the top and take in the vistas of the Tye Valley way far below. All of this in the nude, of course.

Tags

Related Posts with Thumbnails