Saturday, July 1, 2006

This is not what naturism (or sportsmanship) is all about



We recently had a lively debate about the carrying of firearms in National Forests and Wilderness Areas. Most people responded as to why anyone would want to carry a firearm on a nude hike and it seems stupid to me, though there are some who claim that nude hiking is still hiking.

In any case, I don't like guns . . . haven't since Vietnam. To me,hiking nude is all about getting back in touch with the beauty and serenity of nature. Guns have little to do with that sort of communing!

But, the picture. I was driving back from spending the whole day nude in the forest. Really feeling good when I saw the bear, paws to the sky. And I felt sick. Just dumped there off the side of the road. There were several bullet holes in the carcass and I ask myself (for the benefit of us humankind) 'what kind of a**hole really needs to treat another living creature like this?'

Related Posts with Thumbnails