Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tidbits

It has been some time since I last posted to this blog . . . seems I missed quite a bit of the spring and summer this year regaining weight, strength and attitude. A lot has happened in the nudism world . . . much of it too dated to consider rehashing here.

Relegated to basically relaxing at home I haven't had too much interest in following those events (having other things on my mind). Nor have I had much interest in socializing for socializing's effect. I simply did not want to interact. I know a lot of it was because I did not want anyone to see me in the condition I was in during the chemo, or have me slow down a hike because I was too weak to keep up. Believe it or not, even nudists have vanity problems. At my worst I was pale skinned and down to 120 pounds . . . barely able to walk a block without resting. I have always prided myself in keeping physically fit. It is difficult to show yourself otherwise.

The current phase of treatment is over; the myelo stable. I will certainly face future bouts but for now I feel much better. Physical therapy and an appetite have brought me back into the 170s and a mad rush of snuck-in hikes (despite advice otherwise) have given me my hiking legs back and a reasonable 'whole' body tan.

During my 'down' time my Slugs, AANR and TNS memberships lapsed. I'm still unsure with what I really want to do about membership in these organizations, but I suppose I will eventually get around to renewing. For the moment though, feeling good is completely served on my own by finding a trail and enjoying it to myself. A little bit of selfishness, I suppose.

I have many projects that sit unfinished and that are important to me. One is to get my nude photo album back online and prove to the Flickr's of the world that nude is not lewd.

Secondly, and dear to my heart, is to build a database of nude opportunities in the Pacific Northwest. I started with my Clothing Optional Map . . . and that seems to be slowly gaining visitor input and comment. All the time I hear new naturists lament that they don't know where to go . . . and all the time I reply, just find a trail and do it. I'd like to compile a detailed listing of those trails and locations where one can feel somewhat confident about hiking it nude. That is the challenge I am going to present soon in this forum . . . and I hope my readers will contribute.

The follow-on posting will be about hiking within the Proctor Creek Drainage which gave me the easier routes to recover the legs. It will also be a harsh commentary on how a few people can ruin a great resource for everyone. Stay tuned.

Related Posts with Thumbnails